The Women's Peace & Humanitarian Fund is seeking applications for its Short-Term Grants, an opportunity for civil society organizations to implement urgent projects that address diverse barriers to women’s meaningful participation in a formal peace process or implementation of a peace agreement.
The grants will be implemented with the support of 4 INGO partners, whose technical expertise and global reach will strengthen the impact of the RRW: Conciliation Resources, Cordaid, Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Diplomacy (NIMD), and the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF).
- Grants are awarded up to 100,000 USD for a maximum period of 6 months, and the stream is open to all ODA-eligible countries where formal peace processes or the implementation of peace agreements are taking place.
- The RRW supports initiatives for a duration of up to six months maximum.
Types of Support
Examples of the types of initiatives or projects include but are not limited to:
- Advocacy and lobbying campaigns for women’s inclusion in peace and political processes;
- Advocacy and lobbying campaigns for women’s inclusion in the implementation and monitoring mechanisms of peace agreements;
- Evidence-based advocacy and collection of data to feed into a process;
- Preparatory sessions and capacity-building for women participating in decision-making processes;
- Consultations and community engagement to feed into a specific process;
- Coalition building and strategizing to influence a specific process;
- Advocacy events and meetings, cross-border dialogues;
- Strategic planning projects to identify entry points and stakeholders, to strategize, access support and connection with key stakeholders for bilateral meetings/consultations/dialogues and more;
- Organizing and drafting participatory declarations/demands to influence decision-making processes.
Funding support under the RRW is open to all ODA eligible countries with a Track 1 or Track 2 peace process, or implementing a formal peace agreement. Geographic eligibility extends beyond the eligible countries for the WPHF.
Local and national civil society organizations are invited to submit a request for support, including coalitions of CSOs. Women-led organizations are especially encouraged to apply. Proof of legal registration (or legal status) is required for the lead applicant.
Post Date - 12-Jul-2021